Tiêu đề: Bài tập anh văn Wed Feb 29, 2012 10:22 pm
Củng cố các kiến thức đã học trong năm học qua các bài tập.
(1 – 10) Choose the word or phrase that best fits the blank space in each sentence: 1. The children volunteer to clean up the local park __________there are a lot of used cans and trash there. A. but B. and C. as D. so 2. _________________ Easter, many children and adults enjoy painting eggs. A. At B. On C. In D. During 3. Is Mrs. Brown satisfied ________________ her new car? A. with B. on C. at D. to 4. There is nothing to worry about , ___________________? A. is there B. isn’t there C. is it D. isn’t it 5. Ho Chi Minh City, __________________I live, lies on the River Saigon. A. which B. which in C. where D. in where 6. Adults celebrate Mid-Autumn Festival __________________it is often thought as a festival for children only. A. because B. although C. however D. therefore 7. They didn’t play __________________ win the game. A. well enough to B. so well to C. too well to D. so well that
8.He has already been ___________________ as a candidate. A. called B. remembered C. said D. nominated 9. “Let’s go to the pop concert!” – “_______________________”. A. All right B. We go C. Yes, please D. You’re going 10. What do you think of American films?” – “_____________________”. A. Yes, I do C. No, I don’t B. I like them D. I think of them very much
(11 – 12) Choose the underlined word or phrase that needs correcting:
11. I haven’t smoked since a long time. A B C D 12. She likes listening to music and to look after her cat in her free time. A B C D (13 – 18) Choose the word or phrase ( A,B,C or D ) that best fits the blank space in the following passage.
Birthday parties began in Europe centuries ago when people believed that evil spirits were attracted to people (13)___________their birthdays. In order to protect them, friends and their families (14)___________ around the birthday person to offer good wishes , thoughts and gifts. At first only royalty was though to be important (15)___________ to warrant a birthday celebration. Eventually, the tradition was expanded to include children. (16)___________everyone loves to celebrate his or her birthday and America, England and Australia share similar customs. A few of the similarities are birthday (17)___________ lit on a birthday cake. The (18)__________ of candles equals the age of the person , with an additional candle to “grow on”. 13. A. at B. on C. in D. since 14. A. gathered B. rested C. congratulated D. celebrated 15. A. such B. so C. too D. enough 16. A. Therefore B. However C. All D. Almost 17. A. cakes B. candles C. presents D. boxes 18. A. number B. amount C. many D. lot
(19 – 22) Read the advertisement and then decide whether the statements that follow are True or False. Nowadays, informatics is one of the compulsory subjects in many large schools in our city. My school is among those that have just equipped with a rather modern computer system. This system consists of 30 machines linked to the Internet and run by Window XP. All the students in my school like doing this new object because it has helped us very much in learning other ones, besides English. By using effective devices on the Internet like Google, we can easily find necessary data in time to do a better job in our study.
19. Informatics is one of the compulsory subjects in all schools in our city. ______ 20. Informatics isn’t useful in our daily life. ______ 21. By using effective devices on the Internet like Google, we can easily find necessary data. ______ 22. It has helped us very much in learning English and other ones. ______ (23 – 28) Use the correct form of the word given in each sentence:
23. The drivers have left lots of garbage after their _________________. (refresh) 24. The word UFO stands for _________________ Flying Object. (identify) 25. _________________, you’ll have to make the decision your self. (Ultimate) 26. Don’t run too fast if you feel ________________. (comfort) 27. _________________ are interested in the protection of the forests.(conserve) 28. His __________________ as leader of the party was announced this morning. (nominate)
(29 – 32) Use the correct tense or form of the verbs in parentheses:
29. Mrs. Green ___________________ (live) in Saigon for two years now. 30. He left here without ___________________ (say) “goodbye”. 31. I had the car ___________________ (park) near the school. 32. He broke his leg while he _____________________ (play) football.
(33 – 36) Rewrite the sentences so that they are nearest in meaning to the sentence printed before them:
33. Why don’t we use energy – saving bulbs to save electricity. I suggest energy – saving _________________________________________________
34. I advise Alice to take a shower instead of a bath to save energy. If I __________________________________________________ __________________
35. The tea was too bad for them to drink. It was __________________________________________________ _______________
36. They haven’t played tennis for two years The last time __________________________________________________ __________